Wednesday, January 28, 2015

365 Photo Project- 28 (Guest Photo Post/Lesson)

"Home" By: My Son

 

My 5 year old was walking around taking photos with my camera as I was importing, choosing, and posting the photos I had taken earlier. We then put the photos he took on the computer so he could see them.

I love this one and decided to use it in the project today for a few different reasons:

 

1. His perspective is refreshing. 

 

2. I love that he caught himself in the act of taking the photo AND me in the act of working with photos on the computer.

 

3. This is totally part of our real daily life, captured by a 5 year old.

 

4.  There is a lesson here that I can bring over into my photography journey (and life).  I find myself always trying to find the perfect shot. The most artistic angle. The perfect focus. Perfect lighting. Perfect color. Something unique. Reading more. Learning more. Incorporating more. Sure, that is all great to work on, but sometimes that's not what photography, and this 365 journey particularly, is all about.

 

It's a reminder for me to step back, focus less on the perfect shot, and just capture life as it comes, no matter how the end result looks.

 

Keep learning and growing, of course, but focus more on the journey. The final product will still work out just fine....

 

....and maybe even better than I could have ever planned.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment