Sunday, March 9, 2014

365 Gratitude Project- Week 10

Day 62:

I am grateful for family game time. Our 4 year old loves games and is learning so much from them. This game, "Robot Turtles", teaches him basic programming logic. It's pretty fun seeing him enjoy learning these different games. 
We got it from Kickstarter. It's an open source community trying to get ideas to market. It's pretty neat. Check it out.

 

Day 63: 

I am grateful I found more healthy, easy lunch options. I've been less tempted to steal the kids' yummy gluten this week.

 

Day 64: 

I am grateful for the opportunity to renew my mind during Lent this year. Lately, I've been coming into the Lenten Season as a time for reflection, a time to block out all other voices (including social networking), refocus on faith, and evaluate my own life, where I am with God, my faith, and my treatment of others around me. It's a time to simplify, to study, and to search my heart asking some pretty tough questions. Am I living true to my beliefs or just saying them aloud? Am I loving others, or living for myself? Am I twisting my faith or justifying wrong (unloving) acts in the name of "religion", or am I living in LOVE and following Jesus? Are there places within my faith I want to look into and define more? Are there ways I need to change? Are there points I may be missing or perspectives that need a different light? Are there things holding me back from God? Things that are stopping me from loving others and illuminating God's love?
As I am looking at a few of these questions and going whichever direction I feel led, I am focusing on and praying for God's overwhelming PEACE in my life. Peace in my reactions to others (especially my husband). Peace in my decisions. Peace in my failures. Peace in my current situations. That word "peace" has become my main focus this season as I seek God and all of the blessings of Lent.
I want to come out of Lent this year renewed, changed, focused, closer to God, and moving forward as a better person.

 

Day 65:

I am grateful for the light I see in my children. They shine goodness, innocence, light, and love.

 

Day 66:

I am grateful for the relationship developing between these brothers. Even when it seems tough and I spend a sleepless night worried they won't get along, they seem to show each other love and happiness and I love watching their relationship grow. 


Day 67:

I am grateful for a few things today: time alone to just breath, a church community/worship/message at JFC that always seems to bring me back to a better place emotionally, and some go to verses that ended up being the ONLY thing that got me through a high anxiety night. 



Day 68:

I am grateful for an alternative to running that I do really enjoy, YOGA. I am also grateful for the friendship of a person who, no matter what is going on in her life, always seems to want to help me and is always willing to meet with me somewhere (anywhere), as she did this morning for yoga followed by a nice lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment