Sunday, March 16, 2014

365 Gratitude Project- Week 11

Day 69:

I am so grateful that we only have to go to our backyard for some outdoor fun on these BEAUTIFUL days! The baby LOVES the slide and is so fearless that he throws himself down it. Big Brother tried to hold him back a couple of times so I could try to get a photo, which turned out super cute as well. So much fun!  (By the way, I feel the urge to mention that I didn't dress the 4 year old today. I had nothing to do with that and I wasn't even home when he put that on....)

Day 70:

I am grateful for the sweet cuddly moments right when Baby N wakes up from nap. Those are some of the most peaceful moments I have with him, and I get them EVERY DAY! 

Day 71:

I am grateful for tricks I've found on workout days so all three boys still get a somewhat healthy dinner without Daddy having to scramble to figure out something to eat when I tag him in as I'm running out the door to the gym. Easy, and ready to eat when they need it!

 

Day 72:

I am grateful for routine. I am a very routine person anyway, but I cherish these moments that have become routine over the years, including the quiet moments of warm milk after waking up either in the morning or after nap. (Plus it's super cute seeing little brother wanting to be JUST like big brother in these things he sees big brother do every day.)

 

Day 73:

I am grateful for moments of rest and deep breath after very busy....play. 


Day 74:

I am so grateful for this 4 year old and the wonderful dates we get to have just Mommy and Bryce. It was such a wonderful day and I am so proud of him in so many ways.
He is such a good kid.
We drove in Daddy's "zoom zoom car" which he loves (that used to be Mommy's "zoom zoom car" by the way...).
We went to the toy store to pick out a gift for his friend's birthday and he didn't even ask for a toy for himself. He picked out a toy for his friend, and then, when we walked by a group of toys that caught his eye, he just said "Wow! I'll save my quarters for this one!" (He gets quarters as rewards for doing really nice things with little brother or for over-and-beyond things like setting the table without us asking or surprising us by cleaning something other than his room or playroom. The rewards thing has worked wonders with him!) I was pretty impressed. I think MOMMY had the harder time walking away from those toys because I knew he would love them, they were really cool, and I REALLY wanted to buy at least one for him right then...instead we walked away to check out. He was such a big kid to me in that moment.
We left the toy store and went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, and he was so much fun at the restaurant. We told jokes, giggled, practiced writing letters, and ate our lunch. We walked around the mall a bit after that just the two of us. It was AWESOME!
As I am working on this grateful stuff, my son seems to have it mastered today. In the car he rambled on and on about the "beautiful day" and all the things in it. "I love this drive to the store, the beautiful weather, the beautiful mountains, the snow on the mountains, the snowflakes falling on everything, the hills we drive fast over, the cool power lines, the grass on the earth, the trees, the beautiful clouds, the wind blowing the car windows...." It was heartwarming listening to him talk the whole way. And he even ended the car ride home with,
"I love time with you Mommy."
MEEE TOOO Son!

 

Day 75:

I am grateful for celebrations! For celebrating life! Bryce has some very fun friends (as do I), and I am so grateful for fun birthday parties with wonderful friends to celebrate another year of a sweet child's life. Bryce had SUCH a fun time at his friend's very creative super heroes party! I was so impressed with the party, the games, and everything else there. So neat. Of course I am also grateful for anything that wears this little boy out. He took a NICE LONG nap when he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment