Sunday, January 5, 2014

365 Gratitude Project- Week 1

Recently a friend sent me a video of a woman who decided to start a project called 365 Grateful. In this project she took the time each day to find something she was grateful for, took a photo of it, and started to see all the good and happiness around her every day. You can watch her video here.

I have set this blog aside (which I started with intentions of using it as a photo blog) for awhile now. This is a great thing to start at the beginning of this new year to bring the blog back out. Considering I take far too many photos on my phone, this shouldn't be a hard project to do. I will try to practice better photography in the process, but this first week was put together after the photos were already taken, and this is just the beginning. :)

Here is the first week of my 365 Gratitude Project:

Day 1:

I am grateful for my son's independence and confidence. My oldest son has turned into an amazing, independent, helpful child. On New Years Day he helped by vacuuming the whole house. (It makes me feel so proud of him, and I'm not going to lie, it also makes my daily life a bit easier).

Day 2:

I am so grateful for the opportunity to stay home with these boys. I don't have to miss a moment with them, and THIS can be a part of my day….EVERY DAY!


Day 3:

I am grateful for pinterest, considering I can't come up with these super cute ideas for my 1 year old's birthday party on my own! You can find this Hungry Caterpillar invitation idea and free printable here. I love how these invitations turned out. (I'm also a bit grateful for the opportunity to be able to make such cute things for my kids birthday parties. I can only do these cute things for soooo long before they won't care for them anymore….)


Day 4:

I am grateful for friends who love my kids dearly. I am honestly not sure what I would do without those people in my life who love and support both me and my family. 

Day 5:

I am grateful for the snow. I love the snow and cold season: pure sparkling beauty of the snow blanketing the ground (especially the first thing in the morning before any tracks are made), warm sweaters,  and cuddles under blankets by a fireplace. I feel at peace watching the snowflakes fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment