Sunday, January 26, 2014

365 Gratitude Project- Week 4

Grateful Week 4

Day 20:

I am grateful for PJ days! With as busy as things get sometimes, PJ, relax, no stress days are just what I need for my introvert personality.

Day 21:

I am so grateful for baby hugs! This cutie will stop whatever he is doing to come over and give me a big hug. SO SWEET!

 

Day 22:

I am grateful for the gym, my personal trainer, learning about lifting, and getting stronger. Although I was hesitant on it all at first, after a couple of friends' good advice, I chose the strength training/personal training route to add to my running. I am still so glad I made that choice (I will say more about this later in the grateful blog I'm sure). I actually didn't take ONE photo this day, so I'm using this photo that my personal trainer took (you can read more about my personal trainer here and his business Finding Fitness LLC).

 

Day 23:

I am grateful for adventure. This little one really teaches me to keep an open mind. 
This is what this car garage was made for right?!

 Day 24:

I am grateful for this child. This already walking, running, climbing, babbling, high-fiving, constantly moving, silly, smiley, lovey baby is now ONE.
He has taught me a new love I didn't know could ever exist. It's different (not more or deeper...just different) than the love I have for his big brother, or my husband, or friends or family.
He's melted my heart in a new incredible way. I've connected with him from the moment I saw him. He makes me smile and cry at the same time. 
I am forever changed with this little boy in my life. 
I am grateful for so much about this child, but my overwhelming feeling on this day is simply this: I am so grateful he is in my life. I am so grateful that he (exactly the way he is) is my son. 

Day 25:

I am grateful for small family celebrations. The birthday boy had a pretty nice fever causing him to be very sad and unsettled, so we had to cancel the party and instead do the cake and celebrations with just our small family. I actually loved this and I wasn't too disappointed at all with the change (other than wanting my baby to feel better). Maybe it's just the introvert part of me, but it feels wonderful to be so content with celebrations with just these few people. I feel good about the realization that I don't need a big party with a ton of decorations and other people to be happy. These wonderful people in my small family are more than enough.

Day 26:

I am grateful for new days and for grace, mercy, and forgiveness when I really blow it in this motherhood stuff. I've been having a hard time being patient with my 4 year old's defiant, button pushing, yet absolutely age appropriate behavior lately. Today we had a couple of pretty bad moments that ended in me yelling....not my proudest moments for sure. Then I took a mommy time out, but the damage was already done. So, today I was reminded of The Orange Rhino blog about a mother who took a challenge to not yell for 365 days. I first found her through 10 Things I Learned When I Stopped Yelling. You can read the whole Orange Rhino blog here. I can relate to a lot of what she says. I need to get back to a place where I am consistently showing respect to my boys by finding more productive ways to talk to them when I'm not so happy with what is happening at the moment. So, today I am grateful for that new day, fresh start, and renewed orange in my life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment