Sunday, February 9, 2014

365 Gratitude Project- Week 6

 Grateful Week 6

Day 34: 

I am grateful for the silly things that only kids can figure out how to do, that make you say, "How in the world???".  My boys find things out that I didn't even know could happen. Although they are a pain to get back to normal (like somehow getting the TV picture to be on it's side), it's pretty funny at the time. It makes mundane daily life more interesting.

Day 35:

I am grateful for the cute conversations between these brothers.

Bryce: "Nathan Nu, how did you get in that closet?" ("Nathan Nu" is a name Bryce gave to him very soon after he was born. It stuck and now that's just his nickname).
"Really Nathan, how did you do that?"
Nathan looked right at big brother and said directly, "Ah Da!"
Bryce: "Ohhhhh, I seeee, you used your "ah da" powers to open the door. Good job!"
Nathan shook his head yes and smiled. 
I love it! "Ah da powers"! Of course! Ha!

Day 36:

To be completely honest, I didn't take one photo on this day. It was actually a pretty rough day.  I suppose that's the point of this project though, to find and focus on the things I can be grateful for, even in the middle of a bad day. I did see a few things in the day that I realized, even in the middle of it all, that I am grateful for (mostly medical world things, and of course sweet words from my husband and son), but no photos were taken. SO, for today, I just put this collage together of many other moments that make me grateful for ANY day, even the bad days.

Day 37: 

I am grateful for the moments I get to just sit back and listen to my son tell stories while playing with toys (especially when he doesn't think I'm listening or watching). I love soaking in these moments because listening to him talk and play is such a nice sound in the house, and it's something I will miss greatly when he gets older!

 

Day 38: 

I am grateful for smiles. 
LOOK AT THOSE TEETH!

Day 39:

I am grateful for sticky hand prints on the floor. Look closely...yep, the light came in just right to show a sticky hand print on the wood floor (which is also very scratched up). I thought this was so cute for some reason, even when it actually just means I need to clean the floors.  

Day 40:

I am grateful for the kids' bedtime....
Nothing sweet about this one. I'm honestly just grateful for the quiet time after they are down to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment