Wednesday, February 26, 2014

365 Gratitude Project- Week 8

Day 48:

I am grateful that my son takes interest in things I do, and that he is independent and confident enough to jump right in and do it too.


Day 49:

I am grateful for this silly personality who always finds a way to make Mommy laugh. (he has always liked practicing fun yoga moves...)

 

Day 50:

I am grateful for my small family unit. The overall idea of family. The safety of family (thankfully I feel ours is a "safe place" when many people can't say the same). The unique love shared within the family. Everything about my little family. 
Bryce said today, "I love you Mommy, and baby Nathan the most…and Daddy the most too. Out of every person in this world, I love you and Nathan and Daddy the most!" 
His comment made me really grateful for this family. It's a simple, logical, "of course" kind of idea that you love your family the most, yet the comment still made me overwhelmingly grateful I have this comfort in my home and this safe family unit to love more than any other person in this world.


Day 51:

I am grateful for the one-on-one time I get to connect with Baby while Big Brother is in school. I appreciated all of that time I got with my oldest, and I'm so grateful I also get it with the youngest. 


Day 52:

I am grateful for dinner date nights downtown to reconnect a bit with my husband! (especially when the last few planned date nights/weekends had to be canceled because of sick kids)

Day 53:

I am so grateful for calm, quiet, relaxing, talk time with my son. I put the baby to nap, and went into my bedroom to take a quick deep breath "mommy time out" moment before going back down to play with Bryce. He soon came up, saw the ottoman piled with blankets and pillows, and decided to make a nice little bed for himself for "resting". For over an hour he stayed right there all comfy while I was all comfy in my bed, and we just talked about the world. It was truly one of the best moments of my life.
His comfy resting spot that he said, "Thanks Mommy, for putting these blankets here JUST FOR ME", and my view from my comfy spot on the bed. Peace.

Day 54:

I am grateful for the learning experiences with baking. I have never been a fan of baking, but it's fun to learn and experiment more now. I set up all of my different flours for gluten free baking, made up the dough wondering if the consistency was anywhere close to what it should be (who knows!), then I baked paleo blueberry muffins and gluten free sandwich bread. The muffins were a success, the bread a fail, but it's fun to learn at least. (Apparently this is what I do when I have to take time off running. Baking in place of running probably isn't the greatest idea I've ever had...)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment