Monday, April 1, 2013

Mother of Two


New life situations never seem to sink in right away.

Then, one day, something so simple will make that change a reality; make it really stick. Right then it hits you. A moment stops you in your tracks and makes everything feel so real. A"Wow, I really made it!", "I actually did it!", "I'm really here!", "This really happened!", "I am really doing this!", "Oh my...." "Wow!" kind of moment.


This happened on Easter morning when I put together the boys' Easter baskets. I put Bryce's together, and then made a little basket for our 2 month old's first Easter. When I was done, I put them side by side on the kitchen table. I took a step back to look at the baskets and all of a sudden it hit me. I made TWO baskets. There are TWO Easter baskets in front of me. I have TWO kids. I am the mother of TWO! 



There are quite a few other moments that could have sparked this step back realization: a sleepless newborn night, a busy toddler day, a routine trip to the grocery store with an infant carrier in one hand and toddler's hand in the other, two kids 3 years apart screaming at the same time, or any of the many opportunities I have had to practice multitasking these past 2 months. Instead it was sparked by something so simple: two Easter baskets side by side on my kitchen table. 

Wow! I am really doing it. I am the mother of two.


No comments:

Post a Comment