Monday, April 29, 2013

Whatever Works #1

As a mom, I have heard and repeated many times the phrase, "Eh, whatever works!" This is my first post with a "whatever works" moment. I am hoping to post many more of these, because these moments do seem to come up often. 

I have had days with both kids where nothing seems to work. They won't sleep, they won't listen, I can't get anything done, and nothing goes the way I need it too. Then (usually by chance), I will come across something that does work. It is usually something pretty random. For example, I found that running water was the best soothing sound for Baby N when I thought he was hungry for more milk than I could supply, so I started the warm water to heat up pumped milk. Within 10 seconds, that screaming baby in my arms was fast asleep! 

Sometimes, the things you least expect (or the things you aren't supposed to do) are the things that end up actually working to achieve at least a little sanity or peace in the day. 

Today's post comes on a day when my 3 year old has tested my every ounce of patience, and my 3 month old has been fussy and decided naps really aren't necessary. With the mood these two are in today, it's no surprise this "whatever works" post is showing the ONLY way I've been able to get my baby to sleep today; the ONLY way I've been able to get even a minute of quiet time.



Today Baby N would only nap swaddled, in the carseat, rocking, on the deck (which apparently added a little extra jiggle to the rocking necessary for him to fall asleep)....


Awww, finally some peace... with the added bonus of wonderful fresh air! 

Whatever Works
 

No comments:

Post a Comment